Thursday 7 April 2011

Neil Gaiman in The Simpsons


I'm not ashamed to admit I have a huge soft spot for Neil Gaiman. I love his books, although I haven't read every single one (i'm getting there, they're on the list), I follow him on Twitter, as well as his awesome wife Amanda Palmer, as their banter is some of the most entertaining on there, especially when Kevin Smith gets involved too.
I'm also a fan of The Simpsons, who isn't really? So it was double happy news day for me when I found out that Neil Gaiman is appearing an upcoming episode of the long running series. He will play a version of himself, although with an American accent, rather than his usual British one.

Website geeksofdoom.com reported that Gaiman revealed a teaser sketch at the end of his time at the Doctor Who panel at WonderCon 2011, where he talked about writing an episode for the new season.


Teaser sketch revealed at WonderCon 2011

Gaiman has also been in China recently, and what he was up to there has finally been uncovered. He's writing a screenplay adaptation for the classic Chinese novel, Journey To The West, which they're planning on making into a series of big budget 3D films, following the template of Peter Jackson's Lord of The Rings Trilogy.

Along with all that, Neil is also planning on writing his own non-fiction work on China, having visited the country numerous times over the past few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment